The Chicopee High School Spring Sports teams are getting ready to kick off another season in the coming weeks. For students who are interested in participating, there are several bits of housekeeping that they will need to tend to.
First, all student-athletes will need to be registered with FamilyID. You can do that by following this link. If the student-athlete has participated in a sport previously they will only need to make sure that the registration information is up to date and register for the new season. Detailed instructions to signup for FamilyID can be found by following this link.
Second, any student-athletes who have not had a physical in the last 13 months will need to get one and have it submitted to the school. Physical exams are valid for 13 months and you will not be allowed to participate without a valid exam. Elms College will have their “Care Van” on campus on Tuesday, March 13th at 4 pm for student-athletes who need physicals. Student-athletes will need a parent or guardian present to sign a consent form for the physical.
Third, any student-athletes interested in playing a spring sport should attend the team meetings this week.
- Baseball will meet in the student cafeteria on Wednesday, February 28th at 2:45 pm.
- Boys Volleyball will meet in the student cafeteria on Wednesday, February 28th at 2:45 pm.
- Softball will meet in the student cafeteria on Wednesday, February 28th at 2:15 pm.
- Boys Lacrosse will meet in the student cafeteria Thursday, March 1st at 2:15 pm.
- Girls Lacrosse has already had their meeting so students should see Ms. Ziemba ASAP.
- Track and Tennis meetings are still TBA.